Sunday 25 April 2021

Wheel of the Year - Samhain

If you follow the Wheel of the Year then most likely you will be approaching Beltane, that is if you live in the northern hemisphere. I however live in the southern hemisphere so it is Samhain and the beginning of Winter and the dark half of the year that is being experience here. You wouldn't really know it from the warm days we still experience at this this time of year, it is only because the night start to get colder that you can feel the changing seasons.

Wheel of the Year (Southern Hemisphere)

At this time of year I am drawn to more indoor pursuits like baking, because the summers are too hot to be spent standing around a hot oven and the winters are more of a cosy time to spend in the kitchen. I also tend to spend more time with my crafting project, by which I mean sewing, drawing, paper crafting, etc. Last winter I spent some time creating my seasonal beads, there are 8 in total, one for each turning of the Wheel of the Year.

At each turn of the Wheel I have been displaying my beads alongside the seasonal card, here you can see my beads with the Samhain card from the Witches' Wisdom Oracle. I tend to use the cards from this deck as more of a display for the seasons and less of an actual oracle, but its still a very nice little deck. To see how I made my Samhain beads you can visit HERE.

Witches' Wisdom oracle cards - Samhain

No comments:

Post a Comment