Wednesday 21 December 2022

Wheel of the Year - Litha

Australian Christmas' are unique, they are hot and usually outdoors, even when they are indoors we always manage to get outside and into the sunshine. For a lot of us they also involve the beach or a pool or some kind of water activity to bring a bit of relief from the soaring temperatures that usually accompany an Australian Christmas, being so close to the Summer Solstice.

Wheel of the Year (Southern Hemisphere)

So although I am happy to celebrate our unique Australian Christmas I understand that, for me living in the southern hemisphere, Christmas is not the same as Yule. Yule is the midwinter celebration and for me that means June, when the weather is cold and the nights are long.

So as part of my Summer Solstice decorations I include my Litha Beads and Litha oracle card from the Witches Wisdom Oracle deck. If your interest in how I went about making these Litha beads you can visit  HERE. Pictured above all all eight of my sabbat beads I made for each turn of the Wheel of the Year and below are my Litha beads and Litha oracle card together.

Witches' Wisdom oracle cards - Litha

No comments:

Post a Comment